Hamilton Health Sciences' Dietetic Internship Program
Applicants must follow the Dietitians of Canada, Dietetic Internship application process.
Only eligible applications received through Dietitians of Canada will be considered.
Application Fee $25, Fees are payble through the Dietitians of Canada store.
Application packages that meet the following criteria will be reviewed by the Selection Committee:
- Application and fee are received by Dietitians of Canada on or before noon Eastern Standard Time, January 19, 2018.
- Your average is 75% or greater in your 3rd and 4th year level core courses for your undergraduate degree in Dietetics including any transfer credits from a previous degree. Core dietetics courses include: physiology, biochemistry, nutrition-related, health-related, pharmacology, health promotion, economics, business-related, food service, management, human resources, communication, statistics, reearch-related, psychology, and sociology.
- Your package is complete… we want to read your package so please be sure to follow the instructions found in the Dietitians of Canada application package.
A complete package contains the following items which have been uploaded to the Dietitians of Canada Internship Match System:
- Personal letter – 1 page, single spaced, 1” margins, 12 point font, professionally written to express your interest in the profession and why you are applying to the Hamilton Health Sciences Dietetic Internship Program
- Resume – 2 pages, 1” margins, 12 point font, reverse chronological format. For each experience, specify the number of hours per week or per month along with the overall time frame
- Transcript of marks – all transcripts that contributed to your Canadian accredited undergraduate degree or equivalent must be submitted
- A signed Confirmation of Completion of Academic Program form (see Appendix 4)
- Three confidential reports:
- Potential references can include a previous or current employer, an academic and/or a supervisor of a volunteer experience.
- References from Registered Dietitians are preferred, but not necessary.
- An academic reference is preferred, but not necessary.
- References from family members will not be accepted.
Application Package Review
The packages that meet the criteria outlined above will be reviewed by the Selection Committee.
We assess your package based on your:
- Dietetic related and professional experience
- Time management and organizational skills
- Written communication skills
- Content of confidential reports
The top candidates who meet the package review criteria will be invited to participate in an in-person interview (preferred). Virtual interviews may be offered to those who cannot come in person (for example, if you live out of province). All candidates will be notified about their interview status via the email address that was provided in their application package.
For further information, contact:
Dietetic Education Coordinator
Hamilton Health Sciences
Phone: 905-521-2100 x44923
Updated: November 2, 2017 - HT/dz